Sunday, March 6, 2011

Worldcat

I did a title phrase search on Time Enough for Love, the first listing showed that 846 libraries worldwide hold the book. It also showed that my library holds the book. When I went into the record the first library on the list was my library (zwa). Looking at the record it gives the discriptor as Science Fiction and lists a Dewey call number of 813/.5/4. I clicked on the link "Find Items About" and came up with some interesting things about Heinlein that I did not know.

I like the way it shows the titles that my library owns. The one dowside from a user view is that it does not have a consolidated view of the titles. For example one of his books we own, but not the original so it did not show on the first listing that we owned the title. I had to go to the 5th page to find that we own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment