I did a search on
flu and came up with two results:
- Elder: The Amazing Healing Benefits of Elder, the Premier Herbal Remedy for Colds and Flu
- 77 Ways to Beat Colds and Flu
Neither of them made me well. :(
After playing around doing different types of searches on Constitution Day and getting either nothing or way too much I decided to do a keyword search on
United States Constitution. I came up with 14 hits, two of which were audio books. All of the 14 would be good books on the subject, but if the student were more interested in the forming and the people involved the two audio books would be what I recommend. The books are:
- James Madison and the Struggle for the Bill of Rights by Labunski, Richard E
- Summer of 1787: the Men Who Invented the Constitution by Stewart, David O.
I then moved on to the Western history part of the assignment. After putting only Nebraska in the publisher box on the advanced search page and nothing in any of the other boxes I got 88 hits many of which were good, but... So I tried adding Western history to the keyword surch and got zip. Next I tried adding just western and got only 3 hits, all of them were good but I knew many were missing. When I tried using western in the subject field I got only 2 of the three I had in the keyword search. I then tried adding Western history as a full text search and go 70. Still alot of faults hits. I then picked one of the better general titles and looked at the "Details" where I clicked on all of the subject links listed for the book. I got a message telling me that no books matched that subject and to check my spelling. At this point I am not a happy camper! The book I was doing this with was:
From Fort Laramie to Wounded Knee: In the West That Was I then checked another title and found that the subject links worked. Enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment