Thursday, October 9, 2014

Second Day

We have found a wonderful B&B in Beaumes de Venise run by a young couple with a sweet young daughter and a magnificent hutch in their dining room. The room is really a separate studio apartment next to a small pool. The sink in the room is carved out of a large local stone. I will post a picture. The place is 500 meters from the place we will have dinner and wine. We must have wine because we are on the Cotes due Rhone region! ;-)

We erode the TGV from Paris to Avignon and shared our table/booth with a delightful young lady who has met the love of her life who lives in Australia . She and Jan chatted while I listened. I did follow most of what they were saying. :-)  We got off the train and got the car, an Opel Corsa, and drove to Beaumes after a short unplanned trip around more of the old city wall in Avignon.

1 comment: